For at least 900 years a church dedicated to St Margaret of Antioch has stood on this site. At least four versions of the church were built; the fourth was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. Wren built the present church between 1684 and 1687. As there were several churches dedicated to St Margaret at the time, some distinctive title was needed. That of “Pattens” was chosen because they were made and sold close to the church.
The church can be used for weddings, christenings, services, recitals, book launches, and even filming.
- Accessible Toilets
- Grand Piano
- Kitchen Facilities